Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Skunk!

Ugh I am SOOO over skunks! Seriously, what is up with them?!  I've always defended them, thought they were cute, cried whenever I saw a dead one by the side of the road (ok not really... but it still would make me sad)... so why are they invading my life and making me hate them?!!?

Some of you are aware that there was a MAJOR skunking problem at my house a few months ago - we think they were living under our house, and I swear to god, our house got sprayed every single day for like a week straight. Then just as the smell would start to fade, those bastards would hit us AGAIN. We tried everything we could think of to get rid of the funk, but the only thing that worked was time. It really sucked to reek of skunk... I would be out somewhere and pull out my purse and open it, and be hit with the rankest smell ever.

Since then, things have been fairly good in the skunk department... until last night.

One of those bastards skunked my Gizmo!!! :( Now THAT is crossing the line. It was so sad, he came running into the house last night and I heard him whining and sneezing. Then he came barging into my room, went up on my bed, and started frantically wiping his face off on my comforter. I went to investigate, and his fur was yellow and wet. Honestly though, the smell wasn't really that bad... it smelled more like gasoline or something. I was like WTF, did someone throw gas on my dog?? But then I realized what it was. The best I can figure is he got skunked by a baby or something, because the smell wasn't nearly as foul as our house was a few months ago.

It was late, and I didn't have any tomato juice or anything, so I just gave him a regular bath. He was shaking sooo bad... it was the saddest thing ever. :( Eventually I got the smell mostly out... but I ended up sleeping on the couch last night because my bed still smelled foul (damn dry clean only bedding!).

Gizmo isn't much of a cuddler, but of course last night he was all over me all night long... so then I showered and everything, but I still stink. Ugh. Gizmo still smelled pretty gross this morning too, so I went to Petco and bought some de-skunking stuff, which I intend to scrub him with thoroughly when I get home today.

EMILY: 0
SKUNKS: 1

It's ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment