Sunday, January 11, 2009

R.I.P. Chargers

The Chargers' season officially came to an end today with their 35-24 defeat by the Steelers. It's weird, I never thought I would be sad about something like this... but then when I think about it, I watched almost every single Chargers game this season... that may have been enough time for me to get invested (oh who am I kidding, I get invested in/attached to things WAAAY too fast... yeah). While I am still a LONG way from understanding anything about football, I still enjoyed the camaraderie of it all. We didn't do the whole "sports thing" at my high school, and the only sport I watch consistently is gymnastics (which is usually an individual sport), so this is the first time I've ever really rooted for a team (not counting the 5 seconds that I was obsessed with the Sacramento Kings).

So in closing, I am really proud of the Chargers - they came a lot further than most people expected them to. And I am stoked for next season, because you can bet that I will once again be sporting my kick-ass pink Cromartie jersey. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment